Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Heart In His Hands .. Poem


My Heart In His Hands

On a sun filled day, black clouds may appear
a face full of laughter, suddenly fills with fear
A life as you know it, may come to end
  but with trust in our Lord, our hearts He will mend

Having faith can be hard, as you're losing your fight
yet we will always win, with His plan in His sight.
We can not grasp, what we do not know
but His love for us, will ultimately show.

A broken heart, a wounded soul
the pain of this world sure took its toll
a sudden scream, a silent cry
oh dear God; how could she die?

With loving hands He holds my heart
a comfort knowing, we will never part.
although this life is all we see,
our eternal world,will always be


I decided to write this tonight because today was sort of rough. I can get so discouraged sometimes that i lose sight of what is really important, and that is my relationship with my Saviour. I can be so strong some days, and feel so defeated the next, but I do know that everything is way beyond my comprehension. To trust is to give all my worries and pain over to Him, and that can be very hard sometimes because I am just not capable of seeing the bigger picture. I can, however, see the picture He already painted for us. That being, His Son on the cross dying for me. If He could love me that much then, why in the world would He not love me that much now? Rose, it all comes down to laminin .. that self adhesive molecule that holds everything together in our bodies .. the cross of our Lord Jesus .. holds everything together!!

Colossians 1:15-17

New International Version (NIV)
The Supremacy of the Son of God
 15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 


 

1 comment:

  1. I cannot agree with you less. Keep trusting in the Lord, and with every step taken, he will see you through.

    Be blessed

    ReplyDelete