Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Poem: Impenetrable Strength



Impenetrable Strength

As a thousand claws rip out my heart
I sit here and cringe as my last ounce of strength is torn away
Being positive is a day to day trail
As I watch those claws scrape away my hope right before my very eyes.

The Lord is good, the Lord is near!!
Yet as I scream out the last little whimper of voice i have left
I am seeing no footprints besides my own
As I watch .. my strength is being dragged down into the depths of the earth

With heavy hands my palms I bare,
rescue me Father from my despair, 
show me a sign that u still care!!
See me worthy,for your strength to share!!

I hear a thunder from all around
I feel my suffering being molded together with such genuine warmth
like a ball of clay i am being transformed from the inside out
like a vice, reality tightens around me, I am not the person whom I once was

A figure appears before my eyes
a freshly sculpted soul is glowing with radiant life, with such familiarity
As I sit here I watch a wilted, dying rose being reborn, planting new roots
   I watch the life of the rose rejuvenate, stand strong .. with such ..  impenetrable strength

A Sheppard will lead one sheep to show the way
the rest will follow, so it is safe to say
The Lord set his plan, and  He heard me pray
He saved my life, so with Him, I would stay
This is yet another rough night. I came across some pictures I was not ready for today. I was feeling like the little bit of strength i tricked myself into believing i had, was ripped out from under me. Tonight my devotional had a simple line in it saying "Often he uses impossible situations in our lives to forge character" and the thoughts of this poem visually filled my mind. I really do not want to get into the depth of my thoughts here, the poem pretty much covered what i wanted to say. Until next meltdown ..
**This poem is by no means saying that i need signs or am doubting the hand of God in all of this .. it is saying the complete opposite, when i reread it today it sounded a little off, but hey,  that is what poured out, so that is what will stay**
   


No comments:

Post a Comment